File Permissions are not inheriting

mnielsen_at_theitmachine.com
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:29:02 -0700

On an SBS2003 server I have the company folder set to allow Users,
Administators, System , and Owner Full control over files and directories.
These permissions are set to inherit and propogate to child objects.

The problem happens when a user creates a new folder from their workstation
via a network share. The permissions on this new folder do not inherit
chosing to give the user, and administrator control. If I go to the company
folder and re-apply the "replace permissions entrons on all child objects"
things are reset until the user creates another object. be it file or folder)

I don't understand what is going on here as this is not a problem on any of
the other servers I manage.

Relevant Pages