Re: centralized, multi-OS authentication ?

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 06/13/05

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:22:27 -0700

What you are looking for is an identity management system.
The offering from Microsoft is MIIS and it can do all that
you have mentioned (as it was designed to handle enterprise
provisioning/deprovisioning across disparate systems,
password sync, etc.)
http://microsoft.com/miis

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"E-Double" <EDouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in a mixed environment with mainframes, unix/linux, windows, etc... is
there
> some way to have a centralized authentication server or service that users
> can authenticate to once ( kerberos ? ldap ? ) and then pass the
> authentication on to all of the other hosts in the mixed environment ? not
> sure what the best way to go about this is, but when passwords expire on
each
> host every 90 days its a nightmare to sync all of the new passwords on all
of
> the different machines.  tia for any help or guidance on this one ...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Spyware assistance required!!
    ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... your computer online - meaning you likely have usernames and passwords ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: XP Home User Profiles
    ... They at one point they were able to log onto the Internet ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... have usernames and passwords associated with web sites and the likes that ...
  • Re: Administrator passwords
    ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... understand and utilize good passwords. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Identity Theft
    ... > passwords and usernames frequently and still this person continues to ... > other accounts on the Internet. ... > I have the proper software protection, but he continues to over ride ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Passwords plus
    ... > I read people are having many many problems with passwords setting. ... Turn off your computer, box it up, lock it in a safe, bury it in the yard.. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...