missing key/value in registry of w2k server - hot to track it?

From: kono (kono_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/13/05

Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:19:03 -0700

wi there,
Recently I have a problem that the key included the value in registry had
been deleted / missing but I can not find why or by who? My question is
perharps there is a way to zoom in why it could be happened and how to track
the causing of missing key/value in registry. Is there any tools to help it
out? Thanks for your help.....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Users Docunments" Icon Disappeared from "My Computer"
    ... Docs_Shared.reg right for correcting the registry to solve my ... Do you see the Shared Documents folder under that? ... Jose's Documents (missing) ... So if the user name is Jose, set the value of the new Jose key you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Fixing up the windows registry
    ... I don't know if the registry is my problem, but I know what, when, where, ... many of the icons were missing. ... And whatever is missing from XP that is keeping ... It won't let me install anything. ...
  • Re: "Users Docunments" Icon Disappeared from "My Computer"
    ... Docs_Shared.reg right for correcting the registry to solve my problem? ... Do you see the Shared Documents folder under that? ... Jose's Documents (missing) ... So if the user name is Jose, set the value of the new Jose key you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: O.T. Issue signing off computer
    ... my registry unless absolutely necessary. ... replacing the file using another computer will ensure a possible malware install cannot corrupt it. ... I once fixed an old laptop that would not boot and reported that HAL.DLL was missing or corrupted at boot up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: desktop Icons and Start Menu are missing
    ... Restore a Missing "userinit" Registry Value: ... If your Windows is not on drive C: replace C: with your Windows ... Restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)