Registry permissions problem

From: Marco Polo (rallybob_at_hotmail.co.uk)
Date: 06/08/05

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:00:16 +0100

Hi, I'm logged in as administrator on our PDC (SBS 2000), trying to get a
particular application to install (in this case, Veritas' Intelligent
Disaster Recovery). It moans that it isn't allowed to access particular
registry keys and can't install.

I don't appear to have access rights to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE at all - and
trying to grant the Administrator account full access using Regedit32
(Security > Permissions) results in

"Unable to save permission changes on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".
Access is denied.

I've added the Administrators group to 'Act as part of the operating system'
(MYDOMAIN\Administrator was already there but I've added Administrators too
to be sure)
I've done the same with 'act as a service'. both of the above suggestions
were from the veritas support pages.

Any ideas what else I can do? The Veritas website isn't much help so I
assume it's a permissions problem somewhere.

Cheers

Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Backup mailbox sbs
    ... If you are using Veritas, I have experienced the same problem. ... Copy the administrator and name it veritas or something like ... When i try to select the "Microsoft Exchange mailboxes" or "Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Backup mailbox sbs
    ... If you are using Veritas, I have experienced the same problem. ... Copy the administrator and name it veritas or something like ... When i try to select the "Microsoft Exchange mailboxes" or "Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: NTFS problems
    ... Have you tried making the account used by Veritas ... > domain user has a folder for which he is the owner. ... > administrator should have read access to these directories. ...
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... All these functions should be under the control of the system administrator. ... > idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... > could install software. ... Windows 9x was notoriously unstable and fragile. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Draft I: Why You Dont Want to Install Software
    ... that evil IT guy-- the party pooper who runs his network with an iron fist. ... > been made members of the 'local administrator' group. ... >> idea of contacting your network consultant to install software probably ... >> could install software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)