Re: Is it possible to restrict website geographically ?

From: andy smart (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/07/05

Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:06:09 +0100

Marlon wrote:
> Imagine I need to publish a website for a K-12 institution that gives people
> access to grades. I am sure that only users from my State area would need to
> access such site.
>
> Is there any method to reliably let only people from, let's say, my State or
> pehaps the US utilize such website ?
>
> I figured that I could greatly minimize the surface of attack if I make this
> site unavailable to the rest of world.

Your question 'should' be, how do I only allow authorized people,
regardless of location, to access the grades on my website.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is it possible to restrict website geographically ?
    ... I am sure that only users from my State area ... to access the grades on my website. ... kids) want to see information about it? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Is it possible to restrict website geographically ?
    ... > access to grades. ... Users from your state area may occasionally travel outside of your state ... > pehaps the US utilize such website? ... traffic may go through a distant router or provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Is it possible to restrict website geographically ?
    ... Imagine I need to publish a website for a K-12 institution that gives people ... access to grades. ... I am sure that only users from my State area would need to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: I hate circular definition....
    ... here a teacher went to court because she did not like ... the grades she got from her pupils on a separately hosted website. ... AFAIK the website, not the pupils. ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)