Registry Cleaner and Spyware

From: Alison (Alison_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/05/05

Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:32:01 -0700

I've been using the free version of Spybot Search and Destroy and also
Spyware Blaster on my PC.

I've just discovered PC Tools Registry Mechanic and Spyware Doctor and ran
the free check - only to discover that there appears to be an awful lot of
spyware that SpyBot hasn't found.

Is it worth purchasing the PC Tools software? How important is a Registry
Cleaner and this Spyware Doctor?

I'm more than a bit paranoid about spyware and viruses, etc, but don't know
that much about it.

Thanks for your help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... only to discover that my ... > Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ... Ad-Aware 6.0 - for removing spyware ... try a system restore and run anti-spyware and ...
  • "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer, ... removed the offensive program, only to discover that my ... Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ...
  • Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... >The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer, ... >removed the offensive program, only to discover that my ... >Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ...
  • Re: AntiSpyware alone sufficient
    ... > whether you had spyware running by going to the RUN facility. ... You must Scan your system for Spyware/Adware/Malware to discover and rid ... As for you broadband speed - perhaps if you knew of an FTP site, ... discover your actual broadband speed from the command line FTP command and ...
  • Re: strange windows behaviour.
    ... Spybot Search & Destroy is a good tool to use in ... and other obnoxious spewing stuff. ... it may also nail Windows Media Player as spyware. ... >> windows machines on our residential network begin ...
    (Incidents)