Re: Firewall

From: Malke (invalid_at_not-real.com)
Date: 06/02/05

Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:20:01 -0700

Jules wrote:

> I cannot turn on my firewall, the system responds with "Windows
> firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not
> running. Do you want to start the Windows firewall/Internet connection
> sharing (ICS) service?" when i click 'yes' a pop up says "Windows
> cannot start the Windows firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS)
> service". Can anybody help me?

Without more specific information from you about your system, all I can
give you are these general links:

FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
Start>Run cmd [enter]
netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
Follow prompts and reboot.

Start there and if you need more help, post back with details about your
system (operating system is assumed to be XP - Home or Pro, service
pack level), what antivirus you have installed (name and version), what
changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't, etc.

Malke

--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com