Re: Network Security

From: Bob Hess (BobHess_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/27/05

Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:00:22 -0700

Thanks! I was afraid of that.

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> Bob Hess wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to secure a network folder where the user can read
> > and execute but not copy or save the data somewhere else?
> > Server 2003 with XP clients
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, not possible. If you can read the files in a folder, you
> can copy them as well.
>

> --
> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: C:WINDOWSsystem32autoexec.nt The system file is not suitabl
    ... Thanks to everyone for your prompt replies. ... > In the command prompt, type in the following two commands exactly as ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
  • Re: Error number: 0x800A0046
    ... > newsgroup because my dialup network settings had vanished and a guy ... > Notice that the logon account is set to a NT/User account under the RPC ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: opening "owner" files after hard drive failure
    ... >> My hardrive posts a failure warning, and XP Home SP2 crashes soon after ... > that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab. ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to find "LastLogonTime" for users
    ... Mueller [MVP] and I actually have some queries. ... if the domain functional level is set to Windows Server ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
  • Re: Unable to turn on Automatic Updates, unable to do manual updat
    ... >> worm and when I rebooted after all was done, I found that Automatic Updates ... > If you find a DeleteFlag value there, ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)