Re: Meaning of access rights

From: Galen (galennews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:04:24 -0400

"JJMM991" <JJMM991@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E092C162-7BF1-4FC6-9CB8-3A14D56BD3AA@microsoft.com...
> RWXD are the access rights.. What is the D?
>
> R=Read
> W=Write
> X=Execute
> D=delete???
> --

In short, yes. However here's a bit more information that you probably
wanted but it's worth looking. The information is for XP and 2k and one is
specifically for Word but they do a great job at explaining permissions.

WD2000: Windows 2000 Permissions That Are Required to Run Word:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=277867

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files ...:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308419

Galen

--
"And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability with
which he prefaced it, was,