Re: Meaning of access rights

From: Galen (
Date: 05/24/05

Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:04:24 -0400

"JJMM991" <> wrote in message
> RWXD are the access rights.. What is the D?
> R=Read
> W=Write
> X=Execute
> D=delete???
> --

In short, yes. However here's a bit more information that you probably
wanted but it's worth looking. The information is for XP and 2k and one is
specifically for Word but they do a great job at explaining permissions.

WD2000: Windows 2000 Permissions That Are Required to Run Word:

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files ...:;en-us;Q308419

"And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability with
which he prefaced it, was,
if you will believe me, Watson, the very first thing which ever made me feel
that a profession might be
Sherlock Holmes