Re: Viewing Win2k3 Event logs remotely in a Win2k Domain

From: Steven L Umbach (
Date: 05/20/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:09:01 -0500

Can you access via local logon or via Remote Desktop? Can you access the
administrative shares on those computers such as C$? That would indicate
that you do indeed have administrator access. If not, check that the domain
admins group is in the local administrators group on those servers. Also
check that for some reason your account in not in the guests group on those
servers as guests group may be denied access to Event Viewer logs. I would
also enable auditing of privilege use on those servers in Local Security
Policy [secpol.msc] to see if any failures for privilege use could be
causing the problem. --- Steve