Re: Viewing Win2k3 Event logs remotely in a Win2k Domain

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 05/20/05

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:09:01 -0500

Can you access via local logon or via Remote Desktop? Can you access the
administrative shares on those computers such as C$? That would indicate
that you do indeed have administrator access. If not, check that the domain
admins group is in the local administrators group on those servers. Also
check that for some reason your account in not in the guests group on those
servers as guests group may be denied access to Event Viewer logs. I would
also enable auditing of privilege use on those servers in Local Security
Policy [secpol.msc] to see if any failures for privilege use could be
causing the problem. --- Steve

"Tom Mariani" <tom.mariani(doNotSPAM)@dcss.ca.gov> wrote in message
> Hello:
> We have a Win2k Domain, with about 5 Win2k3 Servers, the problem is that
> we get "access denied" when trying to view the event logs remotly. I am
> attaching the the Win2k3 server as a domain admin level acct, and have
> followed MS article 323076 (setting event log perms locally) to no avail.
> Can
> anyone help with this stubborn issue??
> --
> Tom Mariani

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... > Windows and Network administratation. ... > In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... > Title: ISP Network Administrator ... > o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: I need Job Blobb
    ... >> In a job I would like to administrate servers, ... >> Title: System/Network Administrator, Operations ... >> o Building, installation, configuration and tuning ... >> o 5.5 years of expert-level user/admin experience ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • RE: Permissions
    ... >servers are available to service the logon request. ... >database does not have the proper domain registrations ... >If you are logged on as an administrator at a Domain ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Permissions
    ... servers are available to service the logon request. ... - Make certain that WINS database replication is successful between WINS ... Domainregistrations that are not listed in the ... If you are logged on as an administrator at a Domain Controller, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)