Re: blank password

From: Crouchie1998 (crouchie1998_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 05/13/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:31:02 +0100

Although, it is correct what JoeWare (LOL) said, you can set the password
length to zero by changing the following registry key:

User Key:
----------

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network

System Key:
-------------

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Networ

Key Name:
----------

MinPwdLen

Key Type:
---------

REG_BINARY

Value:
------

00 <----- Change to

-------------------------

If you are unable to change the registry key because you are restricted, you
use the newsgroup via Outlook Express & you have the .NET 1.1 Framework
installed, I can knock up a small application that I can attach that will
change it to zero length passwork at a simple key press using registry
permissions. Although, if you are an administrator you should know all the
above anyway & have access to the key.

I hope this helps

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP crashes whenever it has to read folders with many Jpeg files
    ... No Photoshop on this coputer I use Fireworks (macromedia) ... I found a solution by deleteing the default value in the registry key ... (zero out) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: need registry key for blank passwd
    ... Take a look at this registry key which may disable it I believe when set to ... zero as shown. ... I use a free program called Regshot to do comparisons of the registry before ...
  • Re: Shutdown Win2k PRO
    ... Check this registry key: ... The value should be 0 (zero). ... John ... AL Grant wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: DOS Program On Zip Drive
    ... Sorry Dave. ... One was to go to Start/Control Panel/System/ ... was to go to a Registry Key and make certain that the DOS ... filename was a zero rather than a one. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.new_user)
  • Re: Autorecovery of registry settings ???
    ... Since this registry key is for a third-party application, ... System key I would say this is what is happening: ... The application that updates the key makes its changes to the registry ... them to disk. ...