Re: blank password

From: Crouchie1998 (crouchie1998_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 05/13/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 00:31:02 +0100

Although, it is correct what JoeWare (LOL) said, you can set the password
length to zero by changing the following registry key:

User Key:
----------

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network

System Key:
-------------

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Networ

Key Name:
----------

MinPwdLen

Key Type:
---------

REG_BINARY

Value:
------

00 <----- Change to

If you are unable to change the registry key because you are restricted, you
use the newsgroup via Outlook Express & you have the .NET 1.1 Framework
installed, I can knock up a small application that I can attach that will
change it to zero length passwork at a simple key press using registry
permissions. Although, if you are an administrator you should know all the
above anyway & have access to the key.

I hope this helps

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE