Re: IPsec tunnel from the commandline

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 05/05/05

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:21:39 -0500

Unfortunately each version of the operating system uses a different
command - ipsecpol, ipsecmd, and netsh. The links below may help. Ipsec
policies can also be exported and imported to another computer though as far
as I know this can only be scripted for Windows 2003 with netsh. --- Steve

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=41571
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/security/ipsecld.mspx
http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1478

"newsbandit" <maddhaze@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Can someone please help me by showing me how to create an IPSec tunnel
> via the command line for both Windows 2000 and XP/2003. I would like to
> set this up to encrypt communications between a Windows 2000 and
> Windows 2003 server over a specific port. The servers are at different
> location geographically and will be conversing over the internet. I
> figured this would be a better(if not native solution) than installing
> Cygwin and SSH on my windows machines. However I need to be able to
> script this.
>
> 1) There is a firewall on both sides
> 2) I will be connecting over a specific port
> 3) I need communication between the servers to be secure
>
> Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disable ALL Lan Manager Authentication
    ... You can manage lan manager authentication level to allow only ... careful with Exchange and VPN servers. ... 98 or non domain computer to access the ipsec required server. ... > I'm in a pure Windows 2003 domain environment with Windows XP clients. ...
  • RE: Scripted IPSec policies on Windows XP (without AD/GPOs)
    ... it seems netsh ipsec commands are only supported ... possible - at least it hasn't been on the Windows XP boxes I've checked. ... I'm looking at the 'DCOM IPSec Mitigation Tools' that K Levinson ... with the IP Security Policy snap-in. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Scripted IPSec policies on Windows XP (without AD/GPOs)
    ... ipsec policy configuration tool that will run on both XP and Win2k3. ... technet piece by Steve Riley provides a more detailed overview of the IPSec ... Scripted IPSec policies on Windows XP ... it seems netsh ipsec commands are only supported ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: IPsec - restrict communcation
    ... > Platform= Windows 2000 Server ... > Hi is it possible to restrict servers communicating using IPSec. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)