Re: Accessing SQL2000 on a Win2003 server

From: Jeff Cochran (jeff.nospam_at_zina.com)
Date: 05/05/05

Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 03:11:22 GMT

On Tue, 3 May 2005 11:08:01 -0700, "Christos Kritikos"
<ChristosKritikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running a SQL2000 server that is accessed by our webserver. The problem
>is the webserver cannot access the SQL server on a Win2003 machine (it works
>if the DB is on a Win2000 machine). What I noticed is that DB accesses only
>work for windows users that authenticate on the DB machine. So if I manually
>try to establish a connection it works (my windows user exists on both the
>webserver and the DB server machines). However the IIS anonymous user doens't
>exist on the DB machine. I suspect this is a Win2003 add-security setting.
>Does anyone know what I have to toggle?

Take a look at:

HOWTO: IIS and SQL Server on Separate Machines with Trusted
Connection:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q176379

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Heimdal KDC, Windows XP and local users
    ... All existing Windows users can authenticate against the KDC, ... Windows does not create a new local user with the same name ... however LDAP seems superfluous for my purpose. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: Heimdal KDC, Windows XP and local users
    ... All existing Windows users can authenticate against the KDC, ... Windows does not create a new local user with the same name ... modify to drop the LDAP lookups and simply create a local account. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • User authentication using scripting?
    ... authenticate them against windows users from within a script. ... If so, wich ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)