Re: Rename the "Guest" account as "administrator"?

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 20:41:44 +1000

This strategy won't work well: trojans etc. will not enumerate the accounts
by name but by SIDs (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=243330 for
well-known ones).

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"cc" <anonymous@disscussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, friends.
> I heard of a method, renaming the *disabled* "guest" account as a dummy
> "administrator", in order to transfer the potiential risks.
>
> Would the strategy work well? Would the diabled account remain "diabled"?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rename the "Guest" account as "administrator"?
    ... it is just as effective to disable the built-in Administrator ... the built-in Administrator account and then defining a new ... then disabling the account. ... Would the diabled account remain "diabled"? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Rename the "Guest" account as "administrator"?
    ... renaming the *disabled* "guest" account as a dummy ... in order to transfer the potiential risks. ... Would the strategy work well? ... Would the diabled account remain "diabled"? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: No updates for Stinger
    ... MowGreen [MVP] wrote: ... > You cannot use it unless you Create an account and it wants your ... > Why Start getting Spam,, After 10 years on the internet and No Spamm ... so on) and some of the trials have, in fact, required a valid email ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Combo Box Filter
    ... "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote: ... would have a Row Source query that returns the Account Numbers. ... locate account within employeeid ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • MVP - CHEAP SHOT
    ... I'm not an MVP either, but I've been monitoring this NG and looking at every ... many of the posted problems are repeats from day-to-day, ... 1) help folks learn how to help themselves; ... Select your mail account. ...