Re: 2003 AD networks security question

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 04/27/05

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:51:38 +0200

Curious George's Twin wrote:

> (snip)
> In terms of the cross posting, when I do so I always get somebody who
> admonishes me for having done so. . . oh you can't win with some people!

Hi,

Yeah, but it is much better to crosspost than to multipost:

What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

and

Multiposting vs Crossposting

and

Please don't multi-post.
http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: modifying the registry
    ... Please see my response to you in the thread you started in ... Please, next time, do not multipost, crosspost if you feel that you ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
    ... > Malke wrote: ... Please do not multipost. ... >>Crosspost if you must and set a followup. ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
  • Re: How do I embed F6 drivers into XP Pro installation?
    ... Yeah, I said that almost a month ago. ... Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm ... embedding and to add other bits as well... ...
  • Re: Unable to enter data in PHP order form
    ... Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm ... And again there is not an easy way for most retail users who purchased the MCE2005 OS to know if the problem they reporting is caused by the modifications made to the XP Pro OS used as the base for MCE2005 if it exists in all versions of XP Pro ... Your totally useless post in helping the user solve his problem is not appreciated As a minimum you should offer some suggestions and then tell the user which specific newsgroup to post in especially when the user's original post is in the discussions.Microsoft.com site and not directly in this newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: software wont launch
    ... Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm ... the full blown administrator account). ... I have been on to Memory Map and they are totally baffled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)