BBC-TV Computer Security Video For Non-Techies

From: Chuck (none_at_example.net)
Date: 04/25/05

    Date: 25 Apr 2005 15:12:07 -0500

    <http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_14_2005.asp?pageid=665&co_pageid=3>

    This BBC-TV video, in 6 minutes, shows very plainly how dangerous the internet
    is today.

    It won't show anybody here anything new, but if you have friends or family that
    don't read here regularly, it's worth sharing with them.

    It omits only 1 detail - which relates specifically to the example shown - but
    other than that, IMHO, it is relevant, current, and very brief.

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck

    • BBC-TV Computer Security Video For Non-Techies
      ... This BBC-TV video, in 6 minutes, shows very plainly how dangerous the internet ... It won't show anybody here anything new, but if you have friends or family that ... questions the necessity of having a firewall, as in "I only have a dialup ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Did I miss anyone?
      ... Because most internet users haven't the ... What we had here in the '90s, though, wasn't -- but little did those naive posters like myself know it. ... It's all very well for newcomers who know no other r.m.o. ... there are no friends left at all. ...
      (rec.music.opera)
    • Re: Obviously you have nothing better to with your life, Larry?
      ... it looks like you spend more time on the internet ... miles away playing a money game with about 20-30 people watching. ... this is how I learned about the death of one my best friends. ... instructional clinics, a forthcoming straight pool dvd, etc. ...
      (rec.sport.billiard)
    • Re: [OT] Re: Simple Way To Watch Over Kids On The Internet ? ? ?
      ... child molesteres for years, impersonating children she would ... would I let them on the internet without knowing exactly where they ... saying to their friends etc. but I want to know who those friends are ... And sometimes parents just don't think. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Weir webcast nonight
      ... I knew he was very good after seeing him in Phil & Friends in NYC. ... audio streams directly to the Internet. ... And I love that Bob Weir is the fore front of looking for the high ...
      (rec.music.gdead)