Re: good IDS site

From: Galen (galennews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/25/05

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:34:40 -0400

In news:%23wXP8mZSFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Antz <amoralezz@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> for beginners like me
> thanks
> :)

IDS really isn't for beginners but we'll see.

SystemExperts - Technical tutorials:
http://www.systemexperts.com/tutorial.html

Specifically:

Practical Intrusion Detection Tips and
What Hackers Have Up Their Sleeves Now :
http://www.systemexperts.com/tutors/intrusionhackers.pdf

This is more like it:

SearchSecurity.com Tutorial Webcast: Advanced Intrusion Detection ...:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/content/0,290959,sid14_gci865094,00.html

You can watch the whole webcast if you'd like. There you can even ask
questions and they'll help you get your answers. Do keep in mind that the
page there is MUCH more than a guide for beginners.

Here's some general stuff:

http://www.campus-technology.com/article.asp?id=4139

Is there something SPECIFIC you want to know?

Galen