Re: Green Admin - Brute Force Attack - Pls Help

From: andy smart (anonymus_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/25/05

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:19:36 +0100

Underfire Tech wrote:

> Multiple machines on campus, not under my control, have been infected or
> otherwise compromised and are walking through my userbase attempting logins
> and locking out the accounts on both machines.

If the machines on campus with problems are not under YOUR control they
must be under somebody's control. Can you find the person responsible
for that part of the network and get them to deal with it? I don't see
why you should have to be 'underfire' on your own here. If these are
student machines which they are just plugging in to the LAN, then IMHO
they shouldnt' be unless there are very very clear policies which govern
this. Don't feel alone on this, find out who should be responsible for
these machines and get them to take action.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Use AD computer policy to apply local user policy
    ... PeopleSoft and that actually handles the account control so we have roughly ... 16,000 user accounts in the stand User container (not really cool if you ask ... Are these machines somehow ... If you can justify it and after checking with the "user" admins, ...
  • Re: administrative denial
    ... > control panel,but allow the administrator access to the ... First, in a workgroup, each of the 10 machines must be dealt ... Next, on each machine, the only accounts you need to deal ...
  • Re: DRO suggestions (computer input like via USB)
    ... scales and outputs one stream of signals to the parallel port? ... Quadrature outputs occupy two bits. ... encoders and will also permit some forms of machine control. ... controlling machines that require precision motion control. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Local Accounts
    ... All 3 users had accounts on all 3 computers. ... Well maybe true but when the client machines were not in a domain we had sofware installed that we did not want to reinstall when on the domain. ... The local admin account can be useful for some system changes, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Advice / Info on Acu-Rite ENC 250 Feedback Scales
    ... tube spinning machines we are upgrading to CNC control. ... retrofitting spinning machines are using Sinumerik controls. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)