remote downlevel document

From: atx (atx_at_xerox.com)
Date: 04/21/05

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:02:26 +0300

Hi,
our printers suddenly print some nonsense characters on papers and this is
logged as "remote downlevel document owned by x printed x pages/bytes..." on
system event log of print servers with event ID 10. The users are just a few
persons we saw from log detais and they all have local admin rigths on their
domain machines. We scanned for virus/worm on their machines, but nothing is
detected (machines are clean). we also scanned for spywares with MS anti
spyware beta and spybot and they detected nothing. Now what can be the
problem of this strange printing attempts?? Printing attempts start nearly
synchronously from these few users who are located at different sites. We
still suspect of some triggering malicious mechanism embedded in some
software... Any help/idea would be very userful. thanx.
atx.

Relevant Pages

  • remote downlevel document
    ... our printers suddenly print some nonsense characters on papers and this is ... system event log of print servers with event ID 10. ... We scanned for virus/worm on their machines, ... problem of this strange printing attempts?? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • remote downlevel document
    ... our printers suddenly print some nonsense characters on papers and this is ... system event log of print servers with event ID 10. ... We scanned for virus/worm on their machines, ... problem of this strange printing attempts?? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • remote downlevel document
    ... our printers suddenly print some nonsense characters on papers and this is ... system event log of print servers with event ID 10. ... We scanned for virus/worm on their machines, ... problem of this strange printing attempts?? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • remote downlevel document
    ... our printers suddenly print some nonsense characters on papers and this is ... system event log of print servers with event ID 10. ... We scanned for virus/worm on their machines, ... problem of this strange printing attempts?? ...
  • Re: zigbee???
    ... I come across odd little machines pretty regularly so ... A color laser for proofing manuals. ... And two color phasers (solid ink) for "prerelease" manual pages ... I guess that's *9* printers:< ...
    (sci.electronics.design)