Re: There needs to be an international policy

From: Robert Moir (robspamtrap+msnews_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/16/05

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:20:10 +0100

I hear you about China. Have you been watching the Spamhaus project? It
looks like they are having some success in making China a responsible member
of the Internet community, but it won't become perfect overnight.

George Hester wrote:
> Uh yeah it went over my head. Sorry. I don't know I get just so
> damn disgusted with China. I really dislike them. These servers
> there that are the links in 90% of my spam all of them every one of
> them have bogus contact information. Not even their ISPs have abuse
> contacts. And I'll telll you those that do the addresses are always
> fake. ALWAYS. I have never ever received a response to an abuse
> notification to a Chinese ISP except a "FAILED delivery."
>
>> George Hester wrote:
>>> Robert I'm going to address just one thing you say with evidence
>>> that I have posted elsewhere in this thread. You say, "According
>>> to [me], those sites are the source of the spam. But yet they've
>>> had nothing to do with sending the emails" Then why is it when you
>>> go to the roots of these "spamming" servers [I have posted some]
>>> many ask for your e-mail to stop the "mistaken" e-mail to you?
>>> Think about it.
>>
>> George, that whole first 2 paragraphs were me posing a hypothetical
>> situation to you. Apologies if that wasn't clear.
>>
>> The "Those sites" in the second paragraph was referring to victims
>> of the scam I suggested in the first paragraph.
>>
>> So - how would you address that hypothetical situation?
>>
>> By the way - never give your email address to spammers, if you do,
>> you confirm your address as "live" and while they might wash you off
>> today's mailing list, you'll be back on next week's list with a gold
>> star by your name as a definate live account that deserves more
>> spammy treats because they know it'll get read. Think about it! ;-)
>>
>> rob

Relevant Pages

  • China should contribute
    ... China is a big country,but has never learn to be a responsible member in ... International Community.Having benefited from US Capitalism styles,and ... prospered,isn't it time they should contribute to International Community? ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Land seizures in China leave victims homeless [Radio]
    ... You mean American-style eminent domain abuse happens in China ... I noticed that Charles Liu did not address the issue I raised in my ... individual families suing for additional compensation. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Land seizures in China leave victims homeless [Radio]
    ... While I don't expect posters to have balanced view concerning China, ... abuse we see in America, where Americans too are forcibly evicted. ... Are the land seizures a "historic error" as Wen ... Incomes in rural areas average about $300 ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Another source other than KRNIC?
    ... In the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.firewalls, ... >be 1000 reports per day to generate. ... Much of what I've seen in abuse reporting seems to result in a negative ... >addresses for China ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Why ! ! ! ! Do they post?
    ... In article, Robert Haar ... posting through a service located in China. ...
    (rec.woodworking)