Re: 891711/MS05-002 Updated (fixed) for Win9x. Looking for Win XP Pro 64?

From: Rick Chauvin (justask_at_nospamz.com)
Date: 04/14/05

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:34:37 -0400

Bill in Co. wrote:
> When I make a HD backup (in one burn), I can fit just about everything I
> really need on ONE dvd. So there is no comparison (for what I'm trying
> to do)/ No way am I gonna use 6 or 7 CDs in its place, regardless of the
> cost!

The point of what I read that Gary or AlmostBob are saying, and is true, that
using a spare HD is ultimately by far superior for dozens of reasons, by far,
and is cheaper on top of it. It's a no-brainer decision, and once you
actually use that method - you will never ever look back. CD media has it's
place yes, but for this conversation with daily or weekly backups - a spare
HD is totally ultimate in every way better.

Rick

> Gary S. Terhune wrote:
>> Cost-wise, I can't imagine that DVDs are much different from CDs except
>> for convenience.I use DVDs (I forget which format) for permanent storage
>> of projects (or copies of other DVDs.) But for re-writable, daily
>> backups, I use a pair of external HDs (swapping them regularly.)
>>
>> --
>> Gary S. Terhune
>> MS MVP Shell/User
>> http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm