Services & Firewall port settings

From: Will (Will_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/13/05

    Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 03:18:08 -0700

    Services & Firewall port settings
    In my HpM370n Mce2005 system32\drivers\etc\Services (dated 7/30/2003)
    I've 2 entries for systat
    systat 11/tcp users #Active users
    systat 11/tcp users #Active users
    In IANA wesite, services defined shows the second systat being udp.

    Because this definition of port numbers allowed I/O is a basic security
    issue, where is there a smaller list for home users? For example, what do
    I need Doom, Radius, or SQL(shudder quiver,?) etc. for? Or telnet for that
    matter, if I never use it? Does removing an entry from here result in a lack
    of resolution by my computer,and more dropped packets than there now
    are or should I copy this into "Permit only" in Advanced Tcp/Ip filtering?
    Would appreciate an answer to this reasonable question.

    • Services & Firewall port settings
      ... Services & Firewall port settings ... In IANA wesite, services defined shows the second systat being udp. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Services & Firewall port settings
      ... > Services & Firewall port settings ... > In IANA wesite, services defined shows the second systat being udp. ... > Would appreciate an answer to this reasonable question. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Services & Firewall port settings
      ... Services & Firewall port settings ... services defined shows the second systat being udp. ... Because this definition of port numbers allowed I/O is a basic security ...
    • Services & Firewall port settings
      ... Services & Firewall port settings ... services defined shows the second systat being udp. ... Because this definition of port numbers allowed I/O is a basic security ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)