Re: Cannot send emails

From: Malke (noreply_at_invalid.com)
Date: 04/13/05

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:56:09 -0700

modeno wrote:

> Have Windows XP Home. Recently reloaded from scratch + service pack 2.
> added McAfee security. Having problems sending emails from hotmail
> accounts. Have checked settings and they appear ok but obviously
> something is not quite right. Windows firewall is switched off so as
> not to interfere with McAfee. User settings correct. Any ideas out
> ther??????

Are you trying to send emails from the Hotmail webpage or from within
Outlook Express? If the latter, AFAIK unless you have a paid Hotmail
account you can't integrate Hotmail into OE any more.

Malke

--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft to charge for Hotmail w/ OE - Please DONT!!
    ... > to use Outlook and Outlook Express with Hotmail Accounts. ... > Microsoft Adds New Hotmail Fee ... > from each of those Hotmail accounts in rapid succession," Richardson ...
  • Re: Microsoft to charge for Hotmail w/ OE - Please DONT!!
    ... unlimited, multiple accounts, etc etc. ... | | If you want to retain access to your free Hotmail account in OE ... | |> Outlook and Outlook Express with Hotmail Accounts. ... | |> Microsoft Adds New Hotmail Fee ...
  • Re: Why is Hotmail divorcing Outlook Express?
    ... Outlook Express has been my email program of choice since ... It not only does Hotmail but my Gmail account too. ... switches to WebDAV access. ... MSN Hotmail accounts created after that date only ...
  • Some bizarre anti microsoft activity with browsers and entourage
    ... Before I start please note that this mail is not about adding hotmail ... opened Entourage and found I could not receive mail into entourage from ... I have 3 hotmail accounts and another non hotmail account set ... So basically, I am flummoxed, for some reason my mac mini is stopped ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: OE and Hotmail
    ... Outlook or Outlook Express access to Hotmail. ... "Free Hotmail customers who want to use ... If all Hotmail accounts are personal, ... With so much spam going through Hotmail, it's a wonder MS doesn't shut it ...