Re: There needs to be an international policy

From: George Hester (
Date: 04/09/05

Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 13:17:52 -0400

Norman doesn't an agency assign Internet numbers to countries? I mean most Chinese sites are in the upper 200 range. Couldn't the assigning authority have a policy that no more IP addresses will be assigned to them? My understanding is that China has done something similar to keep their populace from accessing certain sites. Why not do that globally? I understand that could be abused so maybe it's not such a good idea after all. I just find it surprising that these spam sites are almost always from there. The spam I get anyway. Again please do not confuse the e-mail servers with the spam pointed to in the e-mail. The e-mail servers and the links in the spam usually have nothing in common.

George Hester