Re: There needs to be an international policy

From: Paul Adare (padare_at_newsguy.com)
Date: 04/07/05

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:40:35 -0400

In article <u7lh513OFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, in the microsoft.public.security news
group, <"Phillip Windell" <@.>> says...

> I have the opposite take on him.
>
> He was focusing in the actual source of Spam,...the Spammers themselves, and
> where they originate their messages,...not the happless mail servers along
> the way that relay it. I don't think that is "utterly uniformed", I think
> it is understanding the source of a problem rather than chasing the
> side-effects and casualties that happen along the way.

You need to go back and reread what he's posted. He's not after where the SPAM originates at
all, in fact, he's admitted that he's really not after the SPAM at all, he wants to shut down
the countries where, according to his huge sample of 60 odd SPAM messages, the web servers
that the SPAM points to are located. Not the same thing at all as what you posted above.

The Sophos link shows quite clearly where the SPAM originates from Phillip, and nearly half
of it originates in the US.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine