Re: SUS Directory Issue

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 04/07/05

Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:13:34 -0700

You appear to be using the web portal to the newsgroups.
The index of all newgroups in that interface is found at
and they seem to have hidden the SUS newsgroup (for English)
down under Windows Server / Management / Software Update Services
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs&cat=en_US_a1c4577e-dec8-41e4-ae42-a583df21ee89&lang=en&cr=US

Many of us find a newsreader, such as Outlook Express, to be
more convenient. With OE on would use the Tools / Accounts
drop-menu selection and then define a new account for the
anonymous access news server named msnews.microsoft.com

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"Dan S" <DanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you navigate to this site?
>
> "Roger Abell" wrote:
>
> > You would be better off asking over in the NG
> > microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs
> >
> > --
> > Roger
> > "Dan S" <DanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > For some reason that my SUS is not working due to the fact that SUS
> > believes
> > > the path should be G:\SUS when in actuallity it was installed on
F:\SUS.
> > > cannot run sus nor can I uninstall it.   Any idea's on how to resolve
> > this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WindowsUpdate V5 on XPSP1 broken
    ... Just one more tidbit on this issue, as WU v5 is having massive problems ... since they rolled out the second activex (look at the WU newsgroups). ... SUS client instead of the v5 control. ... Add the following Trusted Sites: ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: SUS restart option in GPO
    ... I didn't see a thread in the list of newsgroups ... for SUS but I will use the one you mentioned from now on. ... >> user the choice to say NO to the restart. ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SUS Updates
    ... > SUS runs fine, but I have seen quite a few non UK updates, the most recent ... there is a separate newsgroup for SUS: ... OS language, ... Newsgroups: microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: a simple question
    ... Roger Abell wrote: ... I love helping out in the newsgroups, ... searching for previous posts that may or may not be related, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SUS Directory Issue
    ... How do you navigate to this site? ... "Roger Abell" wrote: ... >> For some reason that my SUS is not working due to the fact that SUS ...
    (microsoft.public.security)