Re: OEM Version of XP Home does not allow security tab

From: Modem Ani (notquinoas_at_notmyrealbox.com)
Date: 04/05/05

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:42:02 -0400

The Security tab is normally hidden in XP Home (whether retail or OEM). You
can see the Security tab in Safe Mode.

If you wanted access to the Security tab outside of Safe Mode, then you
really wanted XP Pro.

Nonetheless, there are hacks that will make the Security tab appear in XP
Home. I don't do this myself, but searching the web should quickly bring you
the information you need.

Modem Ani

"powder222" <powder222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased an INSIGNIA 300a that came with WinXP home service
pack
> 2. The issue I am having is that I cannot view the security tab. I went to
> folder options but the Simple file and folder sharing box is not there to
be
> cleared. I called INSIGNIA and they were no help at all and actually told
me
> to contact the geek squad or Microsoft for a solution, great customer
> service... I figure its got to be a setting in the registry and I was
> currious if anyone had a suggestions Any help?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cant delete dotnet folder on slave drive
    ... Even in safe mode, there is no security tab showing. ... and then click Folder Options. ... I do not have a "Appearance and Themes" icon in my control panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Locked folder on slave drive question
    ... Windows XP Professional and Media Center ... Folder Options applet in Control Panel. ... Security tab is available in Normal Mode. ... why does this have to be done in Safe Mode? ...
  • Re: Access Denied for Folder
    ... I used "lock my folder 1.2.3" ... I also tried in safe mode but still access denied. ... Since you used third-party software to lock your files, ... In order to get the Security Tab, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Renaming a folder
    ... I booted in SAFE MODE and there ... I didn't need the security tab ... >How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP ...
  • Re: My Documents - Access Denied - XP Home
    ... > rights to have access to the Security tab. ... > For Windows XP Professional, ... > torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ... documents, to take ownership back in safe mode, as external HD is ...