Thoroughly at a loss - need help please!

From: GLT (GLT_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/30/05

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:43:04 -0800

Okay...I am at a total loss here. I've been assigning Permissions for years
but am new to Server 2003. We are running AD in Mixed Mode. We have a few
Global Groups that I need to assign to resources on Member Servers.

Even as setup as follows, anyone can gain entry into the Folder and it's
sub-folders.

A folder called SALES was setup in the Root. Beneath it are other
departments such as Marketing, Graphics, etc.

'Sales' SHARE: Set to Everyone Full Control.

'Sales' NTFS: Perms for System, Creator, Administrator, and one Global
Group. NO 'EVERYONE', as it was removed.

Now...the most restrictive should apply and override the Everyone assignment
to the Share. Only those in the Group mentioned (and Administrator, etc)
should have access to the folders. 'Everyone' inheritance was removed from
those folders.

However, anyone can gain entry to that folder and those below it. If I were
to set you up with an account in our single Domain, YOU could access any of
those Folders.

Again, I've been assigning permissions forever...I don't get it. I am
thoroughly perplexed.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thoroughly at a loss - need help please!
    ... > Even as setup as follows, anyone can gain entry into the Folder and it's ... > A folder called SALES was setup in the Root. ... Only those in the Group mentioned (and Administrator, ... I've been assigning permissions forever...I don't get it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
    ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Newbie with a smallbiz2000 installation, check my config?
    ... > Windows creates a profile path under Documents & Settings. ... > a folder with that name already exists (maybe a local user with the ... > server, open the properties for this folder, and ensure that you have ... > you redirect key folders from a user's profile to a location on your ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)