VisualStudio.NET does not have permission to create files BUT IT D

From: daniel (daniel_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/29/05

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:55:02 -0800

Hi, I have two accounts: Administrator and daniel. daniel has limited
control over c drive, full control over D drive. Other accounts on D:
Administrator(full), ASP.NET(modify on down), Debugger Users(modify
on down), SQL Debugger(modify on down), SYSTEM (full), Users
(read,exct,list), VS Developers(modify on down), .

Other accounts on C: Administrator, Daniel(read,exct,list),
ASP.NET(read,exct,list), Debugger Users(modify on down), SERVICE
???(read,exct,list) , SQL Debugger(modify on down), SYSTEM(modify on
down), Users (read,exct,list), VS Developers(modify on down).

As administrator, Visual Studio.NET runs fine on both drives. As Daniel,
Visual Studio.NET creates the new project files and folder in D:\Documents...
or C:\Documents... but it wont create the cpp or header files. It stops with
an error message: Do not have permissions. Very short and sweet message.

Is there anything I can do to change my permissions so that VS.NET will
create a new project successfully when logged on as Daniel?

Thank you,
Daniel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: can i find out who is admin?
    ... Go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... If you are an Administrator, you will see all with notations whether ... "Daniel" wrote in message ...
  • Re: Truth, constructivist theory
    ... will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed because the prophet ... Daniel saw a vision describing such a future event. ... from God, and that it's the same God you believe in, and that Daniel is ... the different accounts if they were composed centuries apart. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • RE: pic coding problem
    ... Daniel P ... Cause of the database reading the path from my D drive. ... the pic on the network and all company users use the D as a sharing. ... drives themselves and thus each user has a different name for the same drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: changing pswds of standard accounts
    ... will provided you haven't hard coded it into shell scripts and the like. ... Daniel A. Morgan ... Have already locked accounts that the "home office" says are not ... Alter the default profile to force password complexity. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)