Re: MS05-002 on 9x and ME

From: glee (glee29_at_spamindspring.com)
Date: 03/27/05

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:04:38 -0500

The info I am aware of is that IE6 caused the problem, and IE6 SP1 remedied it. Did
you in fact actually upgrade to IE6 SP1 to see if there was an improvement?

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
"Bill in Co." <someone@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Upgrading to IE 6 SP1 (or IE 6 by itself) is what resulted in that file copy
> and delete problem in the first place, for Win98 users!    That's what
> Frank's DLL swapping solution resolves.  (
> http://www.frankprovo.com/win98ie6filesproblem.htm )
>
> I can bear testimony to that, cause that's where I'm at now.   The only
> other alternative was to rollback to IE 5.5 SP2 - or just live with the
> problem, which I'm not willing to do.
>
> Rick T wrote:
> > As I recall, that doesn't work.
> >
> > Rick T
> >
> > Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] wrote:
> >> Why not upgrade to IE6 sp1?
> >>
> >> http://snipurl.com/4bgz

> the

> for
> least
> see

> MCSE,

> years;

> today
> onboard

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MS05-002 on 9x and ME
    ... Why not upgrade to IE6 sp1? ... Rick T wrote: ... >> We'll keep an eye on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Error messages upon accessing Outlook Express
    ... No attempt to reinstall Win ME after IE6 SP1 ... upgrade. ... Running current VirusScan definitions, and yes, ... >Al Smith wrote: ...
  • Re: IE6 and OE dont work after upgrade
    ... Did you upgrade to IE6 SP1 via Windows Update? ... To assure a clean install, your anti-virus application should be disabled ...
  • ie6 SP1
    ... I'm having several problems with ie6 sp1. ... to the browser from Outlook 2003, ... When I click on the link to upgrade (in the MS ...
  • 128 bit IE6
    ... Some of the machines in our office show 56 bit encryption after installing ... the ie6 sp1. ... How can I upgrade them to 128? ... John ...