RE: Startup Accounts

From: Ron J (
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:47:03 -0800

 I dont know what you mean when you say start up account. You can chose which
account to sign on with at the welcome screen.

"drive55" wrote:

> Does designating a restricted account as the startup account mean that every
> time I access the Internet, I'll be logged on with the limited account ? I
> got the idea from the Symantec help center that a child's account as startup
> would be the most secure. However, that would be prohibitive for Internet
> use. Would I then be required to log back on as an adult (supv.,admin.,etc.)
> to obtain acceptable Internet results ? That sounds like I'd be back at
> square one. TIA for any input.
> "Ron J" wrote:
> > Hello drive,
> > The biggest advantage to haveing a limted user account for searching
> > the net, is that if someone hacks your system while you are using it they
> > will not have the rights of System Admin. It is also a good idea to rename it
> > , if you are using the guest account. Best of luck to you.
> > Ron J
> >
> > "drive55" wrote:
> >
> > > Using NIS 2004 in XP/SP2. Does creating a restricted account and designating
> > > it the startup account provide any internet security or is it simply to deal
> > > with multiple users ? I am the only user on the computer. TIA.

Relevant Pages

  • outlook2000 modprof - how to create multiple internet mail services
    ... I've got a prf (internet mail) that modprof will append to a existing ... account, modprof will delete the whole profile - is there a way to ... Specifies the name of the POP3 server used for incoming messages. ...
  • Re: Bare min. install with problems - Email, VPN
    ... > pull their email through the Exchange server. ... All they need is to connect to the Internet, ... > account for their internet access when in Europe and Asia. ... >>> through their local ISP account. ...
  • Re: Bare min. install with problems - Email, VPN
    ... Exchange server. ... original post) but use their local ISP for internet access to the office. ... >> their local ISP account. ... > I'd also ditch the POP connector and host the mail directly on the server. ...
  • Re: The REAL ID problem, and solutions
    ... Your account will remain accessible for play until August 9, ... I'm a person who has long argued that there is no privicy on the Internet, ... I don't want Blizzard doing it either. ... I'm supposed to trust Blizzard, who's business is the game, to protect the same type of information as a in-game feature? ...