Re: FileSpy

From: Malke (noreply_at_invalid.com)
Date: 03/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:44:32 -0800

Andibevan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have come across a piece of software called FileSpy which is running
> on my PC.
>
> I have done a bit of digging and this is a piece of software which is
> used to log and view when a file was accessed (and much more info but
> that is the general idea).
>
> What I can't find out is if it is a problem? I can't tell from the
> information I have read whether it is / isn't.
>
> Does anybody have any knowledge of this item? Is this file something
> which I have been tricked into installing but provides access to
> external users or is it something which is used by other applications

Are you the only user on the system? Can you remember installing
FileSpy? If the answers are respectively "yes" and "no", then uninstall
FileSpy. Do the normal scan for malware with a current version (not
earlier than 2004) antivirus using updated definitions. Also scan for
non-viral malware with Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. You can
get both of those programs from www.majorgeeks.com for free. Install
them, update them, and scan. Do scans for all malware in Safe Mode.

Malke

--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com