Re: Permission Problem/RPC function failure

From: wcdep (wcdep_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:53:03 -0800

Thank you for your response. I will contact QStar.

As far as my problem on the fat partition, can you elaborate a little
further. It is while I attempt to network to the Server. It does not matter
if I have a "supervisor" ranked user or a lower ranked user attemping to gain
access to the folder/files. There are only two machines in the building (out
of approximately fifteen that I have attempted to make connection) that have
network capability. Note that ALL machines have access to the Server for all
other folders/files on the Server without any problem. *Again with the
exception of certain users with the QStar permission problem.

"Roger Abell" wrote:

> [...]
> > because a Windows server can accept the NetShareEnum connection. Hope this
> > helps explain the situation we are seeing. Thanks Corey
> > ------------------------------------ QStar Technologies, Inc. Corey Mayer
> > Technical Support Engineer cmayer@qstar.com 99 Eglin Pkwy #37 Ft. Walton
> > Beach, FL 32548 tel: 850-243-0900 ext. 209 fax: 850-243-4234 www.qstar.com
> > ------------------------------------ From: rae frainco
> > [mailto:wcdep@yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:19 AM To: Corey
> > Mayer; kworkman@qstar.com Subject: RE: White County Sheriff Office If it
> is
> > as you say "not a QStar issue", than please explain to me why these two
> > personnel never previously had problems accessing the folder/files before
> it
> > was copied to the jukebox and governed by the QStar system? Corey Mayer
> > <cmayer@qstar.com> wrote: Ray, I just wanted to give you an update. I have
> > discussed the issue in more detail with my development team; they have
> > concluded that this is not a QStar issue but Windows. I will do some
> > investigation to see if we can find some configuration parameters within
> > Windows to solve the issue with the 2 users. Thanks Corey
> > ------------------------------------ QStar Technologies, Inc. Corey Mayer
> > Technical Support Engineer cmayer@qstar.com 99 Eglin Pkwy #37 Ft. Walton
> > Beach, FL 32548 tel: 850-243-0900 ext. 209 fax: 850-243-4234 www.qstar.com
> > ------------------------------------ From: rae frainco
> > [mailto:wcdep@yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:02 PM To: Corey
> > Mayer Subject: RE: White County Sheriff Office And the fix is... Corey
> Mayer
> > <cmayer@qstar.com> wrote: Ray, Looks like we found what the problem is.
> > Authentication server responds up to 3 seconds. There are 2 types of SMB
> > requests which can be sent to a SMB server from a SMB client b_ a regular
> and
> > enhanced. Microsoft SMB server supports both, however QStar supports just
> the
> > regular request. The reason why QStar only supports the regular request is
> > because the enhanced request uses undocumented Microsoft RPC calls. So
> what
> > happens is the client first sends enhanced request, QStar responds b_ not
> > supported, then client sends regular request, QStar serves the request.
> > Looking at the logs we found that one client performs this procedure just
> > once, but the other client repeats it 10 times before using regular
> request
> > and each time it also has to get authentication from the server. The
> behavior
> > depends on client only. My development team feels that there must be some
> > configuration for client communication properties, probably on the server.
> > Also, my development team felt that 3 second response time from the
> > authentication server was a bit slow the normal speed should be 0.5

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fully parallel Scheme-based language w/ evaluator
    ... Windows Server 2003 and networks in simple - and irreverent - terms. ... If networking really is a big deal, ... Concepts and Terminology in Part I, and The Design and Deployment of Network ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)