Re: Problems with Virtual Server 2005 Installation

From: Malke (noreply_at_invalid.com)
Date: 03/08/05

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 05:48:52 -0800

Pandurang Nayak <npandurang_AT_blr_DOT_cognizant_DOTcom_NOSPAM> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to run Virtual Server 2005 on a Windows 2003 Server
> system. I initially had trouble getting the installation program to
> realize that I was running IIS 6.0 and it kept denying creation of
> virtual site. I got the latest build and this was bypassed.
>
> Now after installation, when I browse to the website, it pops up user
> credentials. I gave it a local administrative account (and tried many
> other accounts too) - but it keeps throwing back a HTTP 401 error
> message.
>
> Things I tried already:
> 1. I checked out the posts that mentioned the Launch permissions to be
> given to the Virtual Server DCOM object. Did that. In fact, my screen
> looked a little different that most of those in the posts - not sure
> why. I don't get a Remote Activation checkbox at all.
> 2. I tried allowing all unrecognized ISAPI and CGI applications in
> IIS. Didn't help.
> 3. I tried changing to Anonymous Access, Basic Authentication, etc.
> Didn't work.
>
> I guess there is some problem with IIS being able to launch .exe
> (vswebapp.exe is the CGI application that is to be run).
>
> Any pointers?

Try microsoft.public.virtualserver.

Malke

--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Problems with Virtual Server 2005 Installation
    ... I checked out the posts that mentioned the Launch permissions to be given ... I tried allowing all unrecognized ISAPI and CGI applications in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Virtual Server 2005 not running on Windows 2003
    ... I initially had trouble getting the installation program to ... I tried allowing all unrecognized ISAPI and CGI applications in ... > IIS. ... I think your best source of information is the Virtual Server newsgroup, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Problems with Virtual Server 2005 Installation
    ... I am trying to run Virtual Server 2005 on a Windows 2003 Server system. ... initially had trouble getting the installation program to realize that I was ... I tried allowing all unrecognized ISAPI and CGI applications in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Virtual Server 2005 security issues
    ... I am trying to run Virtual Server 2005 on a Windows 2003 Server system. ... initially had trouble getting the installation program to realize that I was ... I tried allowing all unrecognized ISAPI and CGI applications in IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)