Re: Problems with MSCEP, Windows2003 and Netscreen 204

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:47:00 -0800

I know we fixed on cert request problem with a updated version after the
reskit was released. Are you using this version of the 2003 MSCEP add-on?

 MSCEP:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=9f306763-d036-41d8-8860-1636411b2d01

--
David B. Cross [MS]
Top Whitepapers:
"sniper1977" <timtom@mails.at> wrote in message
> Thank you Phil,
>
> but i have read the Netscreen Documantation and the FAQs. There are a
> lot of Tips according SCEP an Netscreen, but no for MSCEP config on
> the Windows Server.
> In that my Netscreen works with the old Server i think it is a
> configuration problem on the Server not on the Router. My old Server
> is a MSDN Testserver and the evaluation time is over so i can't
> compare the setting of old an new server :-(. I hope anyone has an
> additional idea.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Sniper
>

> "=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbCBBZ2Nhb2lsaQ==?="
> <PhilAgcaoili@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I vaguely remember Netscreen having an FAQ on setting up an MSCEP with
>> one of
>> their boxes.
>>
>> Check out their site.
>>
>> "sniper" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > i have MSCEP installed on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Server including a
>> > IIS Webserver. Certificate requestes over webfrontend are working. But
>> > if i use SCEP with my Netscreen 204 i got only the root certificate. In
>> > Windows Server eventlog can i see the following entry:
>> >
>> > "SCEP Add-on cannot find required key usage information in the
>> > certificate request.  Please find support information at
>> > http://CATESTENT/certsrv/mscep/mscephlp.htm."
>> >
>> > I haven't config options in the Netscreen 204. In addition i know from
>> > a associate that SCEP works with Netscreen. But we don't know why it
>> > works not at our new installation.
>> >
>> > Thanks for help
>> > Sniper

Relevant Pages

  • RE: 2003 Enterprise CA, MSCEP - 0 length cert message on cisco 837 rou
    ... I need to place the MSCEP interface on a server in a DMZ that does not host ... > indicates that my 2003 CA is not sending anything back for the request. ... > initially had problems with the 2003 Cert Server installation as IIS was ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Can long blocking tasks scale?
    ... > What if your Windows server has to call a service that takes "long" and ... > Assuming the called service takes 40 seconds to respond with a request ... how does this solution stack up against the ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • Can long blocking tasks scale?
    ... What if your Windows server has to call a service that takes "long" and ... Assuming the called service takes 40 seconds to respond with a request ... the connection after which the client will poll to retrieve the result. ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • Re: 2003 Enterprise CA, MSCEP - 0 length cert message on cisco 837 rou
    ... >> I'm trying to use MSCEP on a 2003 Enterprise CA to request a certificate ... >> indicates that my 2003 CA is not sending anything back for the request. ... >> initially had problems with the 2003 Cert Server installation as IIS was ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Question Regarding IIS 6.0 / Is this a DoS???
    ... Windows Server 2007 with IIS/6.0 locally there was nothing ... Question Regarding IIS 6.0 / Is this a DoS??? ... What version of the .NET framework is running on the server? ... I request this file several times at once. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)