Re: IPSec

From: Roland Hall (nobody_at_nowhere)
Date: 02/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:24:12 -0600

"Steven L Umbach" wrote in message
news:%23sX21pwGFHA.3108@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
: As far as I know in Windows 2000 and XP you can only use basic subnets -
: 255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, and 255.255.255.0. Windows 2000 balks if you try
: use Local Security Policy to configure what it considers to be an invalid
: subnet. You can at least get around that with the ipsecpol command line
tool
: to built the policy and also you could possibly create the ipsec policy on
: an XP Pro computer and then export/import it into a Windows 2000 computer.
: Windows 2003 allows the use of the netsh command to built an ipsec policy
: and you can specify a value of 1-32 as the srcmask or dstmask in a
: ilter. --- Steve
:
: http://www.abaris.net/2000Server/

That's the wall I ran into. I'd try to mask off all host values and it
would return with invalid subnet. The help file is useless as it doesn't
specify one way or the other. I'm trying to block anyone outside the US and
Canada, well, not me, but for someone else.
Ipsecpol is going to be my new friend.
Thank you.

Roland

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adding a Linux printer to Windows XP
    ... is the queue that I use from Linux. ... I can access the CUPS WWW page from the windows ... I can access it from my Linux laptop). ... same subnet, assigned by the DHCP server on my network. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] virtualbox bridged network adapter
    ... username/password works for seeing the share from windows as above. ... a different subnet (in which case you'll have to add that subnet to ... The logs suggest that there is a logon server. ... on workgroup HH1 on subnet 192.168.1.2 ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: IPSec: Network sooo slooooow
    ... The Windows free 2003 Security Guide covers this in detail by describing how ... to use ipsec filtering to secure domain controllers. ... For a mixed-mode domain with either Windows NT domain controllers or legacy ... >> configure an ipsec policy in the domain you must exempt domain ...
  • Re: Adding a Linux printer to Windows XP
    ... I can access the CUPS WWW page from the windows ... Since the VMWare network is ... same subnet, assigned by the DHCP server on my network. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Userenv Event ID: 1054 - Userenv.log DSGetDCName failed with 59
    ... Our Clients are Windows XP SP2! ... Our Problem at the XP-Clients in the remote subnet is that they don't apply ... Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)