Re: Win32.TrojanDownloader.Agent.al

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:31:51 -0800

George Hester wrote:

> What is scary anbout Hijackthis? The name? It's made by Merlin rest
> assured with him\her.

Proper use of HijackThis requires some amount of knowledge of what files
should be left alone and which are malware. There is nothing wrong with
someone saying they find that daunting. It is far better for them to
admit that and get help than to make a mistake. Just because you find
HJT easy doesn't mean someone else might not.

And it's "Merijn" and he's a man.

Malke

--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mysearchnow.com hijacking my IE
    ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ... Be sure that you also download and install hotfix Q816093, ...
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar Stopped Working
    ... CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ...
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar
    ... waiting for a reply based on my HijackThis listing. ... I suspect that you've other malware of some sort. ... >Download, UPDATE before running, and run: ... enable System Restore. ...
  • Re: frequent crashiing
    ... my computer is a HP laptop .And the word "crash" what I meant was computer ... Yes, it could be malware. ... > scan with HijackThis. ... > 3) If you are running Windows ME or XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Searching from Address Bar Stopped Working
    ... > CoolWebSearch (if not, then see AdAware, SpyBot, and HijackThis, below). ... > Download, UPDATE before running, and run: ... > Restore and then reboot your system in order to clear the malware garbage ...