Hotmail 'match the picture'

From: JB (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:06:58 -0800

I have had the same problem and all I get is an automated
response from MSN. Complete bullsh*t for four days. Does
yahoo, etc. do the same thing? I need to find a free
email service that doesn't block me out of my own
account. Later Hotmail - you suck.

hotmail. i am not a
>computer, i do not spam, why can't i get into my account??
>at login, am prompted to 'match the picture' (scrambled
letters/numbers).
>this starts a continuous loop of login, match the
picture, login, etc...ad
>nauseum. no access 4 days later.
>msn help advised 'fix' that did not work, and i've heard
zip since.
>is this an attempt to force free accounts into paid
upgrades?
>has anyone else had this happen?? and resolved it?
>thanks
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MSN virus
    ... My MSN contacts told me that they obtained a message from me to go to ... friend of mine who is a hotmail user also recently had a hotmail ... account compromised in what sounds like a similar fashion. ... I wasn't able to determine the root cause of her compromise. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: word 2010 beta problems
    ... People used to complain that they were required to get a "Microsoft" (i.e., Hotmail or MSN) email account in order to get a Passport and were reassured that, despite appearances, any email address could be used; the information about Hotmail or MSN was offered to assure people that, even if they didn't have an ISP-provided email address, they could get a Hotmail or MSN account and use that email address to get the Passport. ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: XSS bug in hotmail login page
    ... MSN passport 's basic mentality itself about security is ... When MS transitioned from MS hotmail to MSN hotmail, ... >> cookies or, if he's logged in, write emails from his account, delete his ... > sure if you can still exploit this bug. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: OE to access Hot Mail account
    ... Did you create the hotmail account using an old Hotmail address, or are you using a new one created when you joined MSN? ... Try creating an account and use an old Hotmail address if you had one that worked in Outlook Express. ...
  • Re: Cannot get Entourage to work with HOTMAIL
    ... Did you ever receive mail from Hotmail about it changing it's availability? ... Do you access Hotmail through an MSN or Qwest account? ... Entourage Help Blog ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)