Re: Win32.TrojanDownloader.Agent.al

From: George Hester (hesterloli_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:47:44 -0500

What is scary anbout Hijackthis? The name? It's made by Merlin rest assured with him\her.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Malke" <noreply@invalid.com> wrote in message news:#3yow4bFFHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> CadAps wrote:
>
> > Malke.
> >
> >   Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I think that maybe I'm
> >   missing
> > something in your repsonse.  As stated.....I have run Ad-Aware and it
> > removes
> > the problem.  However, as soon as the system is rebooted...it's there
> > again.
> > Does this mean that I'm down to Hijack This ?  That program seams
> > kinda
> > scarey and that I could F*** something up.  Please advise
> >
> Hi, Chuck. Yes, you will need to use more than just Ad-aware. The
> problem is that there is another malware file (or files) that is
> spawning new versions of itself and you haven't killed it. Yes, HJT is
> an expert tool that requires a lot of skill to use properly. That is
> why I included links to a tutorial and to places to post your log where
> you can get expert help. So either do that, or take the machine to a
> good local professional (not a BestBuy or CompUSA type of store). You
> shouldn't hesitate to do the latter - when my car doesn't work, I am
> not ashamed to take it to my mechanic.
>
> For your convenience, here are the HJT links again. I highly recommend
> the AumHa forums - the experts there are extremely good at what they do
> and also friendly. Read the posting FAQ first.
>
> http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Jim
> Eshelman
> http://aumha.net - forums
> http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - Spyware Warrior HijackThis
> forum
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
> http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cant open any Windows folders in XP
    ... out the AumHa formums though, and thank you for the advice. ... "Malke" wrote: ... > Please do not post HijackThis logs in the MS newsgroups. ... > I particularly recommend the AumHa forums - the gurus are extremely ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Spyware
    ... >> Malke, ... >> not also took out the trojan. ... > And presumably you did your av scans in Safe Mode. ... > I highly recommend the AumHa forums, but any one of these links is ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)