Re: Windows 2003 Server

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 02/18/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:34:36 -0700

Your item 1 can be done if the access is only remote by share
Your item 2, as said before, cannot be done, as accounts need
access to a number of directories in order to log in.

Although the following are for XP, it is the same in W2k, W2k3

How to configure file sharing in Windows XP

How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
"ilebovits" <ilebovits@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The answer I got was very complicated please give me a better/ essayer way
> to do it...
>

> "Roger Abell" <mvpNOSpam@asu.edu> wrote in message
> > You have already been answered in the other newsgroup.
> >
> > --
> > Roger Abell
> > Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
> > MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4)  MCDBA
> > "ilebovits" <ilebovits@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a Windows 2003 Server, and I would like to setup security for
one
> >> group, they should onle have access to one folder on the shared drive.
> >>
> >> Also I would like to give them access via Terminal Services to that
> >> folder
> >> only.
> >> I don't want to setup a new share.
> >>
> >> Please let me knew how to do it.

Relevant Pages

  • Fix for multiple instances of anti-virus in Windows Security Center
    ... Recently I noticed that my Windows Security Center wasn't working ... Worse, when I removed that anti-virus program, Windows Security Center ... | delete the WFI repository folder from your computer and them re-build ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: *Need Help* With the Best Practice for Changing Admin Account Pass
    ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... > "Roger Abell" wrote in message ... >> not the built-in Administrator in AD but the one under AD as used ... >> Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Windows permissions are ignored???
    ... I am not a pro in Windows security and permissions and would really ... only Managers group should has full access to folder ... Permissions are not inherited from the upper directory structure and do ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: All access rights gone
    ... How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Security ... TS I noticed that some other user rights were also gone. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: recover compacted folders
    ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... , then wasted space is generated in that file, and the folder must be ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...