Re: MSN Billing Notice

From: Jason (Jason_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:48:15 -0400

* George <George@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> I am in receipt of the following message, ostensibly from MSN: Dear MSN
> Member: During one of our regular automatical (sic) verification procedures
> we have encountered a technical problem. caused by the fact that we could not
> verify the information that you provided during registration. We urgently
> ask you to submit your information so that we could fully verify your
> identity, otherwise an access to MSN service for your account will be
> deactivated until you pass verification process. To submit your information
> please use our secure online application "update info" (underlined) Thank you
> for using our services, MSN Payment Processing Department."
> The "update info" leads to a link that looks like an MSN website. Is this a
> valid request for information or a scam?
>
> George

If you go for this one I have some river front property too for sale if
you're interested. ;)

Jason

Relevant Pages

  • MSN Billing Notice
    ... I am in receipt of the following message, ostensibly from MSN: ... During one of our regular automatical verification procedures ... for using our services, MSN Payment Processing Department." ... The "update info" leads to a link that looks like an MSN website. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Recd "Important MSN warning notice" from msn-network.com NOT VAL
    ... like an official MSN ... we could fully verify ... otherwise an access to MSN services for ... >Thank you for using our service, MSN Payment Processing ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Recd "Important MSN warning notice" from msn-network.com NOT VAL
    ... The "update information" link went to ... The link then redirected to what looked like an official MSN ... otherwise an access to MSN services for your account will be ... Thank you for using our service, MSN Payment Processing Department. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: MSN Billing Notice
    ... whenever they mention payment method, I report them. ... MSN doen't mention ... MSN Payment Processing Department." ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: MSN favourites
    ... It's specific to the MSN service. ... If referring to Internet Explorer (comes with Windows XP), ... Will launch OE (or your default newsreader) with that group selected. ...