Re: MSN Billing Notice

From: Bazmaz80 (Bazmaz80_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/10/05

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:59:02 -0800

Thanks, I think MSN need to send out a security alert about this, although
the use of the word "automatical" got my suspicions up...

"PA Bear" wrote:

> It's a *scam*! Do not click on any links in the message. Delete it.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security
>
> George wrote:
> > I am in receipt of the following message, ostensibly from MSN: Dear MSN
> > Member: During one of our regular automatical (sic) verification
> > procedures we have encountered a technical problem. caused by the fact
> > that we could not verify the information that you provided during
> > registration. We urgently ask you to submit your information so that we
> > could fully verify your identity, otherwise an access to MSN service for
> > your account will be deactivated until you pass verification process. To
> > submit your information please use our secure online application "update
> > info" (underlined) Thank you for using our services, MSN Payment
> > Processing Department."
> > The "update info" leads to a link that looks like an MSN website. Is
> > this a valid request for information or a scam?
> >
> > George

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook Express will not connect on "send/receive"
    ... "PA Bear" wrote: ... I've only seen that error once before and it involved and MSN Premium ... Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express setup -- what am I missing?!
    ... Account: 'MSN Mail', ... Thanks again -- Peter ... >For Hotmail accounts see ... >~Robear Dyer ...
  • Re: Error Loading MAILMAPI.DLL missing
    ... Or reinstall MSN6, any of 'em will reinstall MAILMAPI.DLL. ... > I sounds like I need to install MSN 8 or 9. ... >> ~Robear Dyer ... >> Richard wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Search Button only allows MSN search
    ... MSN Search /is/ the default now. ... So far the search pane has returned to the MSN page and I had to ... run the google registry edit a second time. ... "PA Bear" wrote: ...
  • Re: New POP3/SMTP Outlook Express settings for MSN ISP customers
    ... PA Bear: ... some light on it (as well as also benefit other OE users who use MSN POP3): ... Regarding the 'SERVER TAB' in Outlook Express: ... I am aware from the instruction emailed to MSN POP3 users ...