Re: Windows XP SP2 and IE 6.0 security settings -- web pages on local drive

From: PA Bear (PABearMVP_at_gmail.com)
Date: 02/04/05

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:05:23 -0500

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843017

There is a setting in IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone]>Custom where
you can over-ride this behaviour. As doing so is a security risk, I will
not post it here in a public newsgroup. See the following KB articles for
some guidance:

Working with Internet Explorer 6 Security Settings
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/settings.asp

Use Security and Privacy Features in Internet Explorer 6
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/security/ie6.asp

Setting Up Security Zones
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.asp

--