Re: How About a Hardended Win2K Image to Bash?

From: Steven L Umbach (
Date: 01/27/05

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:25:24 -0600

Exactly. I have pretty much been there, done that already. -- Steve

"Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote in message
> "Gordon Fecyk" <> wrote in message
>> > Anyhow have fun and I will not take you up on your challenge.
>> What are you afraid of?
> At the risk of putting words in Steve's mouth,...I don't think he is
> "afraid". I think he just doesn't see the point of bothering. I am, and I
> suspect he is, confident that a properly hardened machine would protect
> itself as you suggest. Looking back at the post, it looks like he
> genarally
> agrees, and do I, and doesn't see the point, nor do I, in bothering with
> the
> "challenge".
> --
> Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: USB Spec upped for power delivery to 100W
    ... The principle of risk management has nothing to do with the non- ... USB3 either. ... March), although for my application, the online storage was in RAID 1, ... Of course you have, Steve. ...
  • Re: I wish I could ...
    ... Just smash the window and take it. ... But here the risk is much higher -- you're ... but just like with the goodies in the shop window you're going ... Steve S ...
  • Re: Need input from student pilots
    ... back of the motorcycle and we'll drive all over this big city full of ... People in general don't take a rational approach to risk. ... look at people who are afraid of airline ... it's not as common a fear, but airline flying is statistically so ...
  • Re: LPG problem: regulator, solenoid - or both??
    ... Steve Lusardi wrote: ... LPG, CNG or gasoline is really convenient, but it truly is very dangerous. ... It is virtually impossible to make any of them safe if any part of the system is below deck. ... I still reckon my chances of getting blown to bits by gas and volatiles aboard are small enough that keeping on top of preventative maintenance, good operating procedures, proper stowage etc. is acceptable risk management. ...
  • Re: Steve Ritchie said he would be releasing his drawing for his white wood?
    ... game room. ... Steve, first off congrads to you and Stern for marching at light speed forward to compete with JJP and others entering or in the market. ... In a market where risk is not really rewarded, and inginuity over the past 20 years has lacked in real terms it would be great for you and Gary, and others to embrace some risk and bring the level of game play above rehashed layouts and artwork that honestly is pretty sub-standard in quality. ...