Re: Norton antivirus 2003/Norton Internet security

From: siljaline (siljaline_at_nospam.com)
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:18:38 -0500

"jogirl" wrote:
>I did exactly as the article said, still does not work. I am wondering if I
> have a virus and could use another antivirus software to get rid of the
> virus, but I would still have Norton on my hard drive.

Inline:
>I did exactly as the article said, still does not work.
The URL that I posted, again - does work, you need to be patient
and follow *all* the instructions.
>I am wondering if I have a virus and could use another antivirus software
>to get rid of the virus...
Check the virus quarantine, try running Norton again!
If no joy, run an "online" scanner; http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/howto-scan.php
Online virus scanner "may" be detected by your installed anti-virus program,
allow the action if prompted.

Re-read your original post, you have an **(uninstallation)** issue from "bundled"
software which can be a nightmare to accomplish but, it is "doable".
I performed exactly the same chore for someone over the weekend and
succeeded in doing what you are attempting to accomplish here.

Silj

--
siljaline
MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)