Re: Norton antivirus 2003/Norton Internet security

From: siljaline (siljaline_at_nospam.com)
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:18:38 -0500

"jogirl" wrote:
>I did exactly as the article said, still does not work. I am wondering if I
> have a virus and could use another antivirus software to get rid of the
> virus, but I would still have Norton on my hard drive.

Inline:
>I did exactly as the article said, still does not work.
The URL that I posted, again - does work, you need to be patient
and follow *all* the instructions.
>I am wondering if I have a virus and could use another antivirus software
>to get rid of the virus...
Check the virus quarantine, try running Norton again!
If no joy, run an "online" scanner; http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/howto-scan.php
Online virus scanner "may" be detected by your installed anti-virus program,
allow the action if prompted.

Re-read your original post, you have an **(uninstallation)** issue from "bundled"
software which can be a nightmare to accomplish but, it is "doable".
I performed exactly the same chore for someone over the weekend and
succeeded in doing what you are attempting to accomplish here.

Silj

--
siljaline
MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OE6s *.dbx files cached somewhere in Win2000 environment?
    ... Maintenance | Store Folder. ... > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ...
  • Answers to frequently asked questions - 17SEP03
    ... I have this mystery re trying to install Norton ... Internet Security 2003 on my XP Pro. ... > specific virus, please tell us what it's name is! ... > date with antivirus software and more importantly ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Answers to frequently asked questions - 09SEP03
    ... specific virus, please tell us what it's name is! ... date with antivirus software and more importantly ... takes advantage of a security flaw in Windows 2000 ... Most antivirus software is designed to prevent infection ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)