McAfee Security Center

From: Steve I (I_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/21/05

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:15:03 -0800

I have just installed Mcafee Firewall & Virusscan 2005. This automatically
installed McAfee security center. This starts a scheduled taks every 5
minutes for each account on the pc. Does anyone know how to stop these. They
are affecting my video rendering. I've tried amending and deleting the
scheduled tasks, butthey come back after a reboot. I've tried uninstalling
security center, but when I re-install firewall/virusscan, there is no option
not to install security center, so I end up in the same boat again.

Steve.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: McAfee
    ... Dave wrote: ... > The Dell computer I purchased has installed McAfee ... > I am so tired of its continuous pop up while on the net I ... > basic security? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: IE 6 hangs randomly after McAfee install
    ... I recently installed McAfee ... Antivirus, Firewall, and security. ... I was running PCcillan with no problems. ...
  • McAfee
    ... The Dell computer I purchased has installed McAfee ... I don't want to pay more for this service. ... I am so tired of its continuous pop up while on the net I ... basic security? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)