W2K Server Security Template

From: Adam Sandler (corn29_at_excite.com)
Date: 01/21/05

Date: 21 Jan 2005 07:22:24 -0800

Hello,

I'm having problems with my attempt at using a security template. I
want to replace the existing permissions on a folder. I'm trying to
specify that members of Administrators, Creator Owner, and System
should have access to a folder. Here is the string I'm using:

"%SystemRoot%\security",0,"D:AR(A;OICI;FA;;;BA)(A;OICI;FA;;;CO)(A;OICI;FA;;;SY)"

After applying the template, if I select the properties of that folder,
I see 4 groups listed... Administrators, Authenticated Users, Creator
Owner, and SYSTEM. How did Authenticated Users sneak in there? I only
want the three groups specified in string... Authenticated Users is not
a group I want to have access to that folder!

Thanks for your time!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Adding Links to WorkItems using WorkItems.xml
    ... SharePoint Services" folder in process template folder when a new project ... specify one or more tasks and their dependencies. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.enterprise.tools)
  • Re: Error when double clicking on Excel file to open
    ... ' The ITEMIDLIST structure defines an element in an item identifier list. ... Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDList Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListA" (ByVal pIdl As Long, ByVal pszPath As String) As Long ... 'Retrieves the location of a special folder. ... ' This string can be used to specify instructions to the user. ...
  • RE: Idiot_self+trojans+administrative privs = Disaster
    ... Use CACLS to get access to the system volume folder to delete the ... /G user:perm Grant specified user access rights. ... Wildcards can be used to specify more that one file in a command. ... %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing) ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Make folder with accompanying shortcut if possible
    ... (Filename can be a filename, ... Traverse Folder / Execute File ... /P user:perm;spec Replace specified user's access rights. ... Wildcard characters can be used to specify more than one file in a command, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Separate default location for picture files?
    ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... > Anyone know how to completely remove the Clipart pictures path from ... it uses the last-opened folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)