Re: Change all XP Pro client workstation admin password

From: Colin Nash [MVP] (x_at_x)
Date: 01/18/05

    Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:30:07 -0500

    "ITIos" <ITIos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:EDBCC790-19B3-4BE5-B0DC-C81BCB17A89C@microsoft.com...
    >I have 168 XP Pro clients on my network. Is there any easy way to change
    >the
    > local admin password on all clients?
    >
    > Thanks, P

    Here's one way:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272530

    If you use Active Directory, this may also be of interest (although not
    really what you are asking for)
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/611.asp

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

    • Password Change Problem
      ... I have a SBS2000 network with XP Pro clients. ... when a user changes their domain password, ... she gets a login prompt with her SBS2000 ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Re: Nightmare connecting to 2000 Domain!!!!
      ... >I have a network with 2-W2K Servers on a domain and multiple W2K Pro clients. ... >I just bought a new laptop with XP Pro, and I've tried high and low to get it ... It says Windows cannot find an account for my ... Joining a computer previously used in a peer-peer network is ...
    • Re: XP Pro - Logging on to Domain issues
      ... >>>I appreciate the replies. ... >> between the way the XP Home and Pro clients are setup, ... >the XP Home client is on a workgroup and able to access the network. ... >is what I meant to say, I was referring to network access and I just typed ...
    • Re: Accessing other computers on network
      ... Members of domain admins could just go to a Run line and type ... > We are running a small network of XP Pro clients on SBS2003. ... > However i need access to certain directories of the client computer C ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: XP Home with NT Server
      ... & XP Pro clients that are part of a domain. ... We were given a free XP Home computer that we want to put on the ... that other users use on the network. ... Windows XP Home Edition Comparison Guide ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)