Re: Certificate Server

From: Kamran Shakil (KamranShakil_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/17/05

    Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:05:02 -0800

    okk thanks alot for your post.. i would love to use ipsec but my ids wont see
    the traffic then . this is why i cannt use ipsec... any other implementations
    can be done to provide extra security in the network ?

    "S. Pidgorny <MVP>" wrote:

    > Windows XP and Windows 2003 both suport 802.1x authentication for wired
    > Ethernet connections, so do newer Ethernet switches. However, the wired
    > implementation lacks some features - like enterprise manageability (through
    > group policy), encryption and packet authentication. I'd recommend using
    > Ipsec on your local ethernet network.
    >
    > --
    > Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    > -= F1 is the key =-
    >
    > "Kamran Shakil" <KamranShakil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi.. Steve thanks for the reply. but i think i was not able to explain.
    > > basically i want that security on the local area meanz on the ethernet. is
    > > this can be possiable on the wired network ?
    > >
    > > "Steve Riley [MSFT]" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Configuring 802.1x security for wireless is a somewhat complex
    > undertaking
    > > > requiring Active Directory, a RADIUS server, a certificate server, and
    > access
    > > > points that support 802.1x. Having said that, it's one of the most
    > effective
    > > > ways to secure wireless networks, and once you get it set up it's
    > largely
    > > > self-maintaining.
    > > >
    > > > Please see
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/win2003/pkiwire/swlan.mspx
    > > > for complete guidance.
    > > >
    > > > Steve Riley
    > > > steriley@microsoft.co

    • Re: Certificate Server
      ... policy management, encryption to the AP - much better than wired world for ... this is why i cannt use ipsec... ... >> Ethernet connections, ... >> group policy), encryption and packet authentication. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: FreeBSD 6.3 gre and traceroute
      ... FreeBSD FW "B" ... IPSEC happens INSIDE the IP stack. ... "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: FreeBSD 6.3 gre and traceroute
      ... FreeBSD FW "B" ... IPSEC happens INSIDE the IP stack. ... "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: FreeBSD 6.3 gre and traceroute
      ... FreeBSD FW "B" ... underlying ipsec tunnels seems to ... IPSEC happens INSIDE the IP stack. ...
      (freebsd-stable)