XP Pro SP2 Security "Suite"

From: Duane (Duane_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/16/05

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:11:06 -0800

OK, Does anyone have any idease on all the different security features that
would make the ideal "Security Suite" for Windows XP Pro SP2?

I have Spybot S&D installed, Norton Internet Security Suite 2005
(nightmare), AVM, Adaware. I ended up turing off the Norton firewall as it
was just too confusing and continue to use thier anit-virus and spam
protection on Outlook 2002 (that works good). I then went back to the XP
built-in firewall and turned it on. There are just too many choics and
options to try and stay secure and they come up with windows too often to
allow-this / deny-this, etc....

I do not think I am alone out there and any great ideas would be so
appreciated!

Thanks much!
Duane

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Physical Memmory Dump
    ... in regards to firewalls, use ... improvement so I uninstalled it and use the previous Zonalrm Security Suite ... After that I got the problem of loading Windows. ...
  • Re: IE 6 not loading
    ... WinXP SP2 doesn't include a security suite, just the Windows Firewall. ... IIf you used a Recovery CD, it may have reinstalled the free-trial security suite but it can't be used and must be uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs and replaced. ... You may have enabled Automatic Updates but have you gone to Windows Update website to make sure the machine's fully patched yet? ...
  • The ideal "Security Suite" for XP Pro SP2
    ... would make the ideal "Security Suite" for Windows XP Pro SP2? ... Norton Internet Security Suite 2005 ... I ended up turing off the Norton firewall as it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • The ideal "Security Suite" for XP Pro SP2
    ... would make the ideal "Security Suite" for Windows XP Pro SP2? ... Norton Internet Security Suite 2005 ... I ended up turing off the Norton firewall as it ...
  • Re: Unable to view messages in Outlook Express
    ... What anti-virus application is it? ... Is Windows Security Center the default or is the security suite the default? ... downloading. ...